Breakfast Stuffed Donuts
Donuts are my go-to when I’m in the mood for a treat. They’re simple, easy, and can be made into so many delicious recipes. If you’re into sweets, check out these snickers inspired donuts, or maybe something a bit more simple like this cinnamon sugar recipe. This particular morning I wanted to try something savory. I remember when I was younger we would have left over cake from a birthday or event and we would ask my mom to let us eat the cake for breakfast. After a quick wink and a smile, she would say something like, “well, the ingredients are similar to pancakes, so why not.” Well play mother, well played. Here are the simple steps to create these egg and cheese breakfast stuffed donuts:
- 1 C All purpose flour
- 1/4 C Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Egg, scrambled
- 1/2 C Milk
- 1 C Cheddar Cheese
- Prepare the egg separately and set them aside.
- Spray a donut pan with cooking spray and set it aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In one bowl, combine the dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients.
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet to make a batter.
- Pour in the batter only filling the molds of the pan about 1/4 full. Evenly divide the scrambled eggs and shredded cheese over the batter. Then top with the remaining batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 - 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!