On a lazy morning there’s nothing better than baking homemade muffins for breakfast (and the smell of pumpkin in the air). These toasted pumpkin seed muffins are a favorite this time of year since it’s full of that pumpkin flavor. There are plenty of ways to make pumpkin muffins, but I kept it simple and just added toasted pumpkin seeds on the top for an extra crunch.
3 1/2 Cups – Flour
1 tsp. Salt
2 1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
2 tsp. Baking Powder
2 Cups – Pumpkin Puree
1 Cup – Sugar
3 Large Eggs
1 1/2 Buttermilk
1/4 Cup – Pumpkin Seeds
1. Preheat oven to 375. Coat your muffin pan with oil or cooking spray.
2. Mix together – flour, salt, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder.
3. In another bowl mix together – pumpkin and sugar. Mix in eggs, one at a time, pour in buttermilk and mix until fully combined.
4. Pour pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture. Stir together until fully combined.
5. Fill each muffin cup 1/3 of the way and bake for 15 -20 minutes, based on your oven temperature.